Thursday, December 20, 2012

Naturally!

It was an obvious way to name a blog about books. The first line in the last book I read happened to be convenient enough for me to use as the title. The book in question, The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco, will also be the first on my list for discussion on this blog.

The idea is simply to read as many books as possible and write down how I experienced them and felt about them. I will try to refrain from being too specific with plot details and focus on the core values and central ideas surrounding the books.

My taste in books is varied but easily accessible. If my past preferences are of any use, I will be reading mostly books from English speaking countries, especially the United States. The topics will vary from books about business and economics to modern classics such as the Eco I just finished. My personal favorites tend to be books from the mid-to-late 20th century, written by American authors.

I used to keep a diary with only the name and finished-by date of the books I had read. Hopefully this will let me remember the books I read and adored.

Toni